With Veganuary in full swing and that it is National Shortbread day (yes it is a thing), we have made our own Taiki Tea vegan matcha shortbreads, which just are delicious.
2 teaspoons of Taiki Tea matcha (culinary or premium ceremonial)
250g vegan butter (at room temperature)
250g plain flour
125 golden caster sugar
a pinch of salt
1. Turn the oven onto 170C (150C fan) and cover a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
2. Using a handheld whisk or wooden spoon mix together the sugar and butter until smooth and fluffy.
3. Sift in the plain flour, cornflour and matcha and mix
4. Add a pinch of salt and turn the mix on a clean surface.
5. Knead the mix until fully mixed together, then, using a rolling pin roll until approx 1cm thick.
6. Cut into fingers, triangle or shapes using a cookie cutter and place on the baking sheet.
7. Bake in the oven for 20 mins or until the edges are starting to turn a golden brown