We have teamed up with the lovely Lilo over at Honey&Roots who has developed this very tasty recipe. We think you'll agree when you have made then, that they are simply divine.
For the filling:
50g Desiccated Coconut
50g Coconut Flour
1 1/2 tbsp. Taiki Tea Matcha Powder
3 tbsp. Raw Organic Honey
3 tbsp. Coconut Oil, melted
For the chocolate:
25g cacao powder
3 tbsp. Cacao butter, melted (or coconut oil, melted)
2 tbsp. Raw Organic Honey
Makes approx. 8 bars
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooling 70 minutes (reduces by freezing)
- Add the desiccated coconut, matcha powder and coconut flour into a large mixing bowl and hand whisk, making sure there are no lumps.
- Now add the maple syrup and melted coconut oil and mix well.
- In your hands, form bar shapes with the mix.
- Now place onto a plate and put them into the fridge for 10-15 mins to harden.
- When there is 5 minutes left on the timer, add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup over a water bath and stir.
- Now add the cacao powder and mix in well making sure there are no lumps.
- Remove the coconut bars from the fridge and simply dunk into the chocolate mixture using a spoon, making sure to cover evenly.
- Place the bars onto baking paper and place back into the fridge for 1 hour to harden (you can add to the freezer if you want to speed up the process).
- Just before serving I like to drizzle the leftover chocolate mixture over the top along with some desiccated coconut.