150g buckwheat flour
250ml of almond or nut milk of your choice
3 tablespoons of agave syrup
1.5 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
10g of culinary grade matcha
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
(Makes two large waffles)
- Sift the buckwheat flour, Taiki Tea culinary matcha and baking powder together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, agave syrup and vanilla extract. Leave the mix for a few minutes until it starts to curdle.
- Turn on your waffle maker so its heating.
- Slowly pour the liquid mix into the bowl with the flour and mix until smooth. Leave for a few minutes to allow the mix to rise a little.
- Cook the waffles as directed by your waffle iron instructions.
- Top with your favourite fruits and some coconut yogurt.