Taiki Tea granola is jam packed with nutrient rich foods full of slow release energy and of course, matcha green tea. Whiz up a batch in no time for an energising delicious breakfast for the week ahead.
100g of raw buckwheat
100g of hazelnuts
100g of coconut chips
200g of jumbo oats
Handful of chopped dates or other dried fruit
2 ripe bananas
1 large tablespoon of honey or agave syrup
1 large tablespoon of coconut oil
1 large tablespoon of Taiki Tea culinary grade matcha
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Spread out the buckwheat and the hazelnuts on a large baking sheet and roast in the over for 10 minutes.
- While the buckwheat is roasting, peel and chop the bananas and add to a blender with the coconut oil, Taiki Tea matcha powder and honey. Blend the mix to a paste.
- In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients and your roasted buckwheat and pour over the matcha mix.
- Stir in the matcha mix until all the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Spread the ingredients out onto your large baking sheet and place in the oven for 15 to 20 mins. About halfway through give the granola a turn to make sure it cooks evenly.
- Once nice and crispy take out of the oven and leave to cool.
- Can be stored in a airtight box for up to two weeks.